We have been a 100% Australian family-owned private group for more than 90 years and are represented by our three separate entities:
A S Harrison & Co Pty Limited
Harrison Manufacturing Pty Limited
Harrison Investments Pty Limited
The development, manufacture and supply of high performance grease, lubricants, and advanced
products and services.
Supplier of quality additives and ingredients - offering innovative technical solutions, supply chain and customer service excellence.
Managing the Harrison Group of Companies in strategic planning for group facilities requirements.
- The origin of The Harrison Group of Companies commenced with the establishment of A S Harrison & Co by Arthur Harrison.
- A S Harrison & Co was appointed the Australian representative of E.l. du Pont De Nemours USA, specialising in distribution of chemical products to the rubber industry.
- Laurence Harrison joined his father Arthur in the business selling plastic molding powders and providing technical advice to the fledgling plastics industry.
- The company expanded into other areas and became a manufacturer's representative for influential UK and US companies. Head office was located at 85 Clarence Street, Sydney.
- Ken Harrison joined A S Harrison & Co in 1934 working as a salesman with his father and brother.
- A Melbourne office was established.
- Alternative products were developed to help overcome WW2 shortages.
- Manufacture of "factice" commenced.
- Manufacturing moved from Wollstonecraft to Crows Nest.
- In 1949, Harrison Manufacturing was established by Ken Harrison to separate the Group's manufacturing activities.
- Harrison Investments Pty Limited formed to hold the expanding portfolio of real estate assets.
- In 1953 Governing Director Arthur Harrison passed away and Ken Harrison was appointed the new Governing Director of the Group.
- David Harrison, son of Ken, joins Harrison Manufacturing Company.
- Harrison Manufacturing Company relocated their manufacturing to Brookvale in order to accommodate further expansion and remains fully operational from this same site today.
- In 1966 DuPont opened their Australian office with half of A S Harrison & Co staff and left A S Harrison & Co as their sole distributor of petroleum additives in Australia.
- A S Harrison continued as the sole distributor of DuPont petroleum additives.
- Ken Harrison passed away and Laurence Harrison became Governing Director.
- The Clarence Street, Sydney site was sold with both companies transferring to the Brookvale site.
- David Harrison became General Manager and Geoff Harrison joins as Plant Engineer.
- A S Harrison & Co expands into personal care products, pharmaceutical raw materials and petroleum additives.
- When DuPont sold off its petroleum additive division, A S Harrison & Co continued to be the distributor for the new owners. This representation continues to this very day!
- Graeme Harrison, son of David Harrison joins Harrison Manufacturing Company.
- With the death of Laurence Harrison, ownership and control passed onto and was held between Ken's surviving children.
- The Harrison Group gained ISO 9001 accreditation.
- Group corporate governance was formalised with the appointment of separate boards for each company.
- The Group undergoes business transformation and integrated new strategic development programs.
- Property portfolio activity increases and new investment opportunities initiated.
- Group's boards expanded.
- Group continued to expand solidly, developing its product lines to focused sectors.
- A S Harrison & Co New Zealand office opened with expansion into Asia, India and the South Pacific region.
- Ownership consolidated to Geoffrey and Julie Harrison.
- The Group continues to steadily grow through reinvestment in facilities, research & development and marketing to provide Australian and Asian customers with highly specialised and value adding products and services.
- Family involvement in the Group is continuing into the fourth generation.
- The Group remains a 100% family owned Australian business looking to celebrate it's 100 year anniversary in 2023.